Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Apple Convert

Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating my stance on apple products a little.. What I harbored for apple products up until this point had (I think) been incited by the wrath of teenaged jealousy, knowing that I would never EVER be able to afford that shiny new macbook or ipod touch I was turning green over. A lot of kids would get that kind of stuff for Christmas or birthdays but, not me. I was technologically deprived. 2007, with nothing but a cd player for music and an outdated 30 inch tv in my living room. I had a gamecube and a nintendo 64 in my house for gaming, and some compaq computer from mid 2003 in the family room for internet and schoolwork. I didn't have a cell phone until that Christmas. I was inept and deficient with technology and understandably so- it wasn't like I had a lot of access to them!
Now I'm the ripe ol' age of 20, out in the world, out on my own, and things have changed.

I still remember the feeling of my first ipod in my hands, it was like the last bit of gold in the ravaged midwest. My heart would race everytime my eyes met my reflection in the back of this little square, 4th generation ipod nano that played Feist's catchy music video in the commercial. It was smooth, cold, durable, and precious. My boyfriend took me to a WalMart and got it for me one night as a gift. I bought a little 3 pack of silicon covers to protect it. This was my first apple experience, and it's a shiny, gold plated one for me.

More recently as a GROWN ADULT with financial aid and a better grasp on finances, I can buy whatever I want as long is it aligns well with my budgetary limits, right?

iPod nano 4th gen 4gb*
iPod Video black (broken battery) 30gb*
TWO iPhone 3g black (both scrapped for parts in my repair phase), 8gb, 16gb*
Macbook A1181 Core Duo White *
Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop
Dell Inspiron 531 Desktop
Roku video streaming device (soon to be upgraded to an apple tv, possibly)
Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S phone for t-mobile
Zune HD 64gb
Zune 1st gen 30 gb
iPod Touch 3rd generation 32gb&*
COMING SOON iPad 2 32 gb wifi*

Anyway, this post is the announcement of my upcoming reviews which should be up on YouTube in the following weeks. My blog will host my detailed analysis of the products I review. Next week around Monday I will be posting a review of the iPad 2. I'll compare the iOS to androids operating system and what I know about the first ipad as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment